I went to Andrew's Tennis banquet last night. It was his first banquet and he was very excited about it. In fact, he is VERY EXCITED about this sport. I do not ever remember him being this passionate about anything, with the exception of my homemade sugar cookies and chocolate buckeyes.
This team won their league and went undefeated for the first time. There are talented, nice young men and women on the team who received well deserved praise from the coach. On the otherhand, the reserve players received no encouragement or words of wisdom.
I left feeling very disappointed. There are not so many players that time didn't allow some type of positive feedback for every team member.
I guess we got spoiled with Chad and Val who had wonderful high school coaches. In particular, Tom Denton, their cross country coach, would stay at that finish line to meet and encourage every runner that came across no matter if they were first or last. He made every member of that team feel important and valuable. We couldn't wait until his year end banquet where he made us laugh and gave words of praise and encouragement to each team member It made a difference in their lives! We were privileged to have this coach for 5 years and I would dare to say that he will never be forgotten. Fred Graham another awesome coach! We were blessed!
Coaches....Please take time to acknowledge every member of your team. They have chosen to be a part of your sport, their families have sacrificed and supported just the same as everyone else. Just a few words of encouragement and congratulations could make the biggest difference in their young lives!
Okay....I will step down from my soap box now.
I was very proud of Andrew and happy with this new found love of tennis! He is excited to attend tennis camps this summer and is giving himself fully to the sport. It exhausts me to watch him play!
Thrilled with the new American Idol! I missed watching it with Mike. Chad called and thought I would be upset about Adam losing and was a bit surprised that I wasn't an Adam fan! He was too rocker for me. I LOVED Kris's performance with Keith Urbin last night!! Actually the entire show was really good. I look forward to watching it again with Mike!
Feeling a little tired this morning!
What the heck happened to the Cavs last night!!?? I was checking on it off and on during Idol and we were something like 17 points ahead then I went back and we were 5 points ahead then 2 points in 3rd quarter! I fell asleep. Woke up in the middle of the night and sports news was on and said Cavs lost! Opening game in CLEVELAND and we lost!? I haven't had time to watch anything this morning...still a bit shocked! Maybe they went into the series too confident!
Kids did awesome at graduation practice yesterday! Did I already tell you about that? I can't remember! I will check before repeating it all again!
Today's devotion:
"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2
Comments from Sheila Walsh.....
"I believe that phrase means that we study how Jesus lived, how he loved, and follow his example. When we find ourselves in a difficult place, we do what he did; we turn to our Father."
"Faith is not wishful thinking or theatrics. Faith is born in us as we fix our eyes on Jesus and as we recognize the fingerprints of God the Father all over our lives!" (a Grand New Day Daily Devotional)
Have a great Thursday!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment